Stena Lines ‘Stena Seatrader’ underwent a large life extension project in 2007/8 during which we designed, replaced, modified and overhauled most of the vessel’s essential electrical and automation systems.
The project included design, build, installation and comissioning of:
- Machinery Monitoring & Alarm System.
- Power Mangement System.
- Propulsion Control System.
- Generator Excitation Systems.
- Generator Control Panels.
Other significant work included:
- Main switchboard modification.
- Main switchboard & switchgear overhaul & testing.
- Switchgear replacement.
- Generator replacement & installation.
- Insulation testing.
- Upgrade of both bowthrusters.
Consultancy work included:
- Load balance.
- Short circuit calculations.
- Protection study.
- Design document submission and liason with classification society.